Read about the inaugural Data Science Institute Summit, held in May 2022, or watch one of the videos below:
Our inaugural Data Science Institute Summit featured the UChicago vision for data science and sessions on DSI research programs, such as AI + Science, Internet Access and Equity, and Data and Democracy, as well as education and outreach partnerships with the City Colleges of Chicago, minority-serving institutions, data.org, and the 11th Hour Project.
Featured speakers included:
- Paul Alivisatos, President, University of Chicago
- Ka Yee Lee, Provost, University of Chicago
- Juan de Pablo, Executive Vice President for Science, Innovation, National Laboratories, and Global Initiatives, University of Chicago
- Katherine Baicker, Dean, Harris School of Public Policy, University of Chicago
- Angela Olinto, Dean, Physical Sciences Division, University of Chicago
- Michael Franklin, DSI Faculty Co-Director, Liew Family Chair of Computer Science
- Dan Nicolae, DSI Faculty Co-Director, Professor and Chair of Statistics
- David Uminsky, DSI Executive Director
- Nick Feamster, DSI Faculty Director of Research, Neubauer Professor of Computer Science
- Rebecca Willett, DSI Faculty Director of AI, Professor of Statistics and Computer Science
- Additional speakers from UChicago and DSI industry, community, and academic partners.